Friday, November 19, 2004
Sorry for the long hiatus!
I know Heather's going to be reading this to get caught up. Here's everything.
- I high-passed the Medieval & Modern exams and Distinguished on the Ancient. Yay! I have "grad-student tenure" - they can't kick me out! (well, unless I spend a million years on my dissertation).
- This is my last semester of full-time coursework.
- I moved. Please contact me if you don't have my new address/phone number/etc. The new apartment is lovely; my roommate and I get along well; there are NO ROACHES.
- I start teaching in January! Philosophical Ethics, sophomores, Tues & Fri 8.30 - 9.45 am. Yes, truly hideous a time, but not that bad, since I can have office hours immediately afterward & then still have a whole day for getting work done. So this next semester, I am teaching one class and taking one class. Life is good. I just have to come up with a dissertation topic. Ack!
- Richard dumped me two weeks ago; we're trying to stay friends, so if you create voodoo dolls on my behalf please don't hurt him too badly, or he'll set Jesus on yo' ass. (you gotta watch out for those Christians).
- See #5; despite #1-4, I'm still pretty miserable, so happy thoughts sent my way are welcome.
- See #5, this and the election are making me think that the world took a seriously wrong course this November, and that we must unite to bring it back on course in some sort of super-hero-time-travel-cosmic-fates kind of way. And merely saying Obama '08 won't cure it. (Obama '12, maybe).*
- I've taken up waterpolo.
So things have been busy, I'm burnt out from school but looking forward to the holidays; I'm not sure exactly when I'll be in various cities (Toronto, Ottawa, wherever) but I'm looking forward to some good friendly relaxing. I'll try to post more. Though I have to churn out a bunch of papers, so who knows?
* Canadians may not yet know who Barack Obama is. Find out.
jane 1:22 PM [+]