Thursday, February 24, 2005
I so need to go to bed
OK, I have to be up super-early tomorrow morning, but here's a list of things that I would blog about at length, if I had time right now:
(1) So much church! We gave Archbishop Desmond Tutu an honorary degree today; I went, of course -- but so much God-talk! The ceremony took place at the University church. Archbishop Tutu was charming, but I was expecting more substance, less "yay South Africa! yay beacon of hope! Yay God!!"
(2) Alien Vs. Predator. A better movie than we (Ariane, Gary, Dave Zinn) were expecting. Who knew?
(3) I'm substitute teaching Dr. Tress's senior Philosophical Issues in Feminism tomorrow morning at 11.30. It's the first day on radical feminism - we get to talk about Catharine Mackinnon & co. Yay fun! I'm so looking forward to it. (I have to brush up on what they're reading, specifically, hence my plan to get to my office -- where my feminism books are lately -- by 8.30 am, hence the need to get up early, & go to bed now!)
(4) I got into the Royce conference!
(5) My third date with James went well; we're going to get together this Sunday, Monday or Tuesday depending on schedules; I think I'm going to let myself start to get excited about him (maybe I just like being called a "cute snuggler").
(6) Oh, just got email from James, looks like it will be Sunday. Yay!
jane 12:07 AM [+]